Fallen Pop Princess

September 20, 2010

Why didn’t anyone tell Mary Jane that life is not always what it seems. It really is a shame. Once a beloved, world renown pop superstar.. she is now bald, bug eyed and alone.

Mary Jane feels trapped in her mansion as she looks blankly at her TV screen. She is on the 10 o’clock news again, this time for locking herself in a bathroom with her son Jayden Preston.

“Well that’s all behind me, A new day means a new me” she defiantly says.

Inspired by her new outlook on life, she grabs  her car keys and her trusty hot pink wig to head to get her morning fix. She wonders to herself if there is such a thing as too much caffeine. She shrugs off the idea immediately. “Stupid people” she thinks.

As she heads to Topanga mall, a swarm of paparazzi close in on her. “How do they always know where I’ll be? she wonders to herself not realizing she goes to the same location every morning. She is scared but tries not to show it. The paps are hungry today. They want the perfect shot but too bad for them , she wore underwear. It matters not that they are two days old, they serve there purpose.

Say hello to the girl that I am…..

One guy has dressed in the infamous red pleather suit to get her attention. She ignores him and continues to walk. The paparazzi cackle with laughter.

The next hour is a blur for Mary Jane. She remembers her bodyguard pushing past thousands of people.  Mary Jane’s British accent continues to come and go like a visitor as she screams for them to leave her alone.

“I wouldn’t wish my childhood on anyone.” she tells People magazine in an exclusive interview. I never got to grow up, I’m normal contrary to belief and I just want to live my life.

All I need is time, a moment that is mine, while I’m in between.

One Response to “Fallen Pop Princess”

1.   Tim Marian Says:

HAHAHAHA!!! i know this isn’t supposed to be funny but for some reason it gave me a little laugh! Not to bad, I immediatly thought Britney Spears for some reason! I like it, very satyrical, very to the point. This work is more sad than anything I don’t think its a good idea to laugh at it but you did a great job with it. The sad part is that it’s very true… a lot of people can feel this way whether they are famous or not. Keep it up!